1. Bill Tamborlane received the Type 1 Diabetes Exchange Clinic Network Award for service as Vice Chair of the Network from 2010-2013.
1. Carl Baum has been elected to serve as a member of the Executive Committee of the Council on Environmental Health from July, 2013-June 30, 2016.
2. Rick Shiffman delivered a 1.5 day workshop entitled, "Enhancing Clarity and Transparency of Public Health Guidelines" at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, GA in March.
1. Jastreboff AM. Paying Our Sleep Debt in Extra Pounds. Science Translational Medicine. 2013 March 27; 5:178. DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3006149.
2. Sinha R & Jastreboff AM. Stress as a Common Risk Factor for Obesity and Addiction. Biological Psychiatry. 2013 May 1; (online ahead of print).
3. Hieftje K, Edelman J, Camenga DR, Fiellin LE. “Electronic Media–Based Health Interventions Promoting Behavior Change in Youth.” JAMA Pediatrics, April 2013; [Epub ahead of print].
4. Camenga, DR; Dunne EF; Desai, MM; Jee. J; Markowitz, L; DeSilva, A; Klein, NP. Incidence of Genital Warts in Adolescents and Young Adults in an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System in the United States before HPV Vaccine. Sexually Transmitted Diseases; (in press).
5. Pensirikul A., Beslow L.A., Kessler S.K., Sanchez S.M., Topjian A.A., Dlugos D.J., Abend N.S. Density Spectral Array for Seizure Identification in Critically Ill Children. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology; (in press).
6. Cengiz E, Weinzimer SA, Sherr JL, Tichy E, Martin M, Carria L, Steffen A, Tamborlane WV. Acceleration of Insulin Pharmacodynamic Profile by a Novel Insulin Infusion Site Warming Device. Pediatr Diabetes. 2013. Epub ahead of print.
7. Sherr J, Xing D, Ruedy KJ, Beck RW, Kollman C, Buckingham B, White NH, Fox L, TsalikianE, Weinzimer S, Arbelaez AM, Tamborlane WV for the Diabetes in Children Network (DirecNet). Lack of Association Between Residual Insulin Production and Glucagon Response to Hypoglycemia in Youth with Short Duration of Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2013 [epub ahead of print].
8. Petry NM, Cengez E, Wagner JA, Hood KK, Carria L, Tamborlane WV. Incentivizing Behavior Change to Improve Diabetes Care. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 2013; Epub ahead of print.
9. Wood J, Maahs, Beck RW, DiMeglio L, Libman I, Quinn M, Tamborlane WV, Woerner S for the T1D Exchange Clinic Registry Study Group. Most Youth with Type 1 Diabetes do not Meet ISPAD or ADA Clinical Guidelines in the T1D Exchange Clinic Registry. Diabetes Care 2013; Epub ahead of print.
10. Kaminski BM, Klingensmith G, Beck R, Tamborlane WV, Lee J, Hassan K, Schatz D, Redondo MJ for the Pediatric Diabetes Consortium. Body Mass Index at the Time of Diagnosis of Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes in Children. J Pediatr 2013; 162:736-740.
11. Klingensmith G, Tamborlane WV, Wood J, Haller M, Silverstein J, Cengiz E, Shanmugham S, Kollman C, Wong-Jacobson S, Beck R for the Pediatric Diabetes Consortium (PDC). Diabetic Ketoacidosis at Diabetes Onset: Still an All Too Common Threat in Youth. J Pediatr 2013; 162: 330-4. 12. DCCT/EDIC Study Group. Association Between Cardiovascular Autonomic Neuropathy and Left Ventricular Dysfunction in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Study (DCCT/EDIC). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
13. DCCT/EDIC Study Group. Aortic Distensibility in Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
14. DCCT/EDIC Study Group. Effects of Prior Intensive versus Conventional Therapy and History of Glycemia on Cardiac Function in Type 1 Diabetes in the DCCT/EDIC. Diabetes. 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
15. Bergenstal RM, Ahmann AJ, Bailey T, Beck RW, Bissen, Buckingham B, Deeb L, Dolin R, Garg, GolanR, Hirsch I, Klonoff DC, KrugerF, Matfin G, Mazze RS, Olson B,Parkin C, Peters A, Powers MA, Rodriguez H, Southerland P, Strock ES, Tamborlane W, Wesley DM. Recommendations for Standardizing Glucose Reporting and Analysis to Optimize Clinical Decision Making in Diabetes: The Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP). Diabetes Technol Ther. 2013; J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2013; 7::562-578.